A third ‘world culture child’ with an ability to make anywhere her home. Even this little patch of the internet.

Friday 27 June 2014

A Catch Up: Ascot, Norfolk and London

Ok, so I have been pretty bad on the blogging lately. In fact, I disappeared entirely. I have an excuse, promise! Since uni ended I have moved up to London for a summer job and have been focusing on that. Now that I finally have a minute to myself (funnily enough typing on commuter trains is kind of hard) I can fill you in! So sit down with a cuppa and let's get cracking. 

SO the first exciting thing going on was Royal Ascot. I went last year with my Aunt and Uncle but this year we headed over for Ladies' Day- the home of hat envy for your average female. 





It was threatening to rain the entire day, but managed to hold off, thank God. The Pimms and Champagne were pouring though, plus the money was coming in! Well, for the first two races, then Dad's and my luck started to run out, but we were up for a little while. I have to say I love Ascot for all it's silliness and pageantry, but genuinely for the horse racing too- it's exciting being amongst the crowd, cheering for your horse, It's even better when the race is over and the squeals of excitement or the groans of despair ensue around you from winners and losers. 



All in all an amazing day- don't think I could ever last the week (I mean, just think of all the outfits) but Ladies Day was wonderful. 


My dress was from Zara and Em's from H&M


Mel, Em and I at the singal
 


 



There's the Queen in there somewhere!


Next up was a weekend in Norfolk. I was never really planning on blogging about this, just because it was a weekend to chill out after my first week at work. It was a family weekend with my Godmothers and their families. It's a great group of us who I have (literally) known my whole life. Mum and Dad met both my Godmothers in Hong Kong, where I was born. Since then the three families have holidayed together every two or three years- I'm the youngest of the kids and even with the others all busy with work, they still make time for group get- togethers. 







So it was really a big catch up with them, but the weather was beautiful. On Saturday we walked along Holkham Beach for a lunch in The Victoria, a hotel on the edge of it. Sunday I headed back down for work the next day, but we spent the morning in Sandringham, where the Queen spends Christmas. I can be such an old lady sometimes, because I am a sucker for stately homes. 


Apologies that you're getting a whistle-stop tour of what I've been up to in this post, promise that now I'm settling in a bit more to the working world that there will be more to write about! One thing the commute gives me plenty of time for is reading, so expect reviews to come up soon(ish)


No comments:

Post a Comment