A third ‘world culture child’ with an ability to make anywhere her home. Even this little patch of the internet.

Monday 17 March 2014

Boots and Swiss Pharmacy Haul

It’s been pretty stressful at uni with deadlines (hence the general radio silence, apologies) so mine and my flatmate Ali’s response was to have a little bit of retail therapy.

Also, during my trip to Geneva I picked up a few little treats for my skin too, so thought I’d share them all here now that I’ve had a little test of everything.

Geneva:
Hopefully this is big enough for all the names to be read! 

-       Caudalie moisteriser: With the change into springtime the weather has completely screwed over my skin. Plus, with hand luggage only travelling I had to leave my moisturiser in the UK- nightmare. My mum recommended Caudalie products and the amazing pharmacist’s help meant I picked up this little tube. It’s lightweight and has a jelly like/watery consistency, but once rubbed in soaks in instantly. It has a light fragrance that I love- kind of floral-y. There’s a more hydrating version, but I didn’t want to clog up my skin and this has been perfect so far.

-       Bioderma: I finally have it! This little baby bottle was for Ali (my flatmate) and I took back in a travel case some from a larger one left at home. It’s met all my expectations, except be careful getting this stuff in your eyes or mouth- tastes foul and can leave your eyes feeling pretty uncomfortable.

-       Caudalie face mask: This came free because the pharmacist is a babe. I haven’t tried it yet, but I put it in a little travel pot to give it a test soon- I’m expecting good things!
-       Travel case: this was really just for the bottles to take bioderma back with me, but also the tubs and the clear case itself have been great for travelling and bringing back the caudalie goodies.

Boots:


I felt in serious need of some new makeup and went to town on the 3 for 2 mix and match deals they have on at the moment.

Soap and Glory ‘One Heck of a Blot’: My YouTube beauty blogger addiction led me to this, because the Rimmel London Clear Complexion powder I had was just not doing the job. The packaging of this powder really drew me to it, because it was the biggest issue with the Rimmel- the case didn’t protect the powder! Anyway, this stuff is way more effective- to the point that I don’t need as much of it as I did of my previous powder. It’s long lasting and does the trick- plus comes with a mirror and a blotter in the case- great for on the go make up!




Soap and Glory ‘Archery’ brow pen and pencil in ‘brownie points’: Another blogger tip from YouTube- my eyebrows are thin and blonde, despite being a brunette (DNA can be a bitch sometimes) so always need helping out. The current pencil I have is too dark for me and this kind of goes the other way- it’s a little too orangey but mixed with my old one it should be perfect! It’s really easy to use and helps create a great shape for my brows, so I think it’s a keeper.




Benefit’s the ‘Pore-fessional’: Worth the hype, but it's expensive to use all of the time. This stuff makes my skin look and feel so good! It just makes my foundation go so much further and evens out my skin, which I have quite a challenge doing. I wish it were cheaper/there was a dupe out there! For now it will have to be an occasional treat.




Maybelline’s Baby lips in Cherry Me: I love the colour, but I’m not so keen on the scent- cherries are just not my thing! This is great under a red lipstick at night, or to take out to boost colour and shine. It’s also an easy way to wear colour on your lips during the day. Shame about the packaging, because it looks cheaper than the quality of the product, but what's inside it is pretty great. 


No comments:

Post a Comment