A third ‘world culture child’ with an ability to make anywhere her home. Even this little patch of the internet.

Friday 28 March 2014

Holiday Wishlist

As springtime is attempting to be upon us, I'm dreaming of holidays. Despite having lived abroad for over half my life, there are so many places that I want to go- somebody take me, please?

1. New York City
I'm sure everyone is reading that 'The Londoner' New York posts right now, and it is sparking up the same old envy I feel every time someone mentions that they're going to NYC, or have just come back. I don't even know why I want to go there especially- I have never been to America and New York just seems to be the centre of the universe sometimes. Part of me thinks it's because all my family have been without me and I'm just suffering from massive FOMO. 
From Wikipedia
2. Vienna
Simply for the Spanish Riding School- since the whole 'New York' issue with my family, I have banned them from going here without me. I would never say I was a demanding child, would you? 
The Spanish Riding School of Vienna- http://www.srs.at

3. Copenhagen
I saw Essiebuttonvlogs videos from Copehagen and it has made me curious- simply because I would have never picked it as a place to go until then, but it seems to be featuring a little bit more on the holiday scene. 


4. Hong Kong
I was born here, but we left when I was a year old- I simply want to know where I spent a year of my life, but more importantly a place where my parents actually lived, rather than where I just pooed and cried a lot (lovely image for you there of baby me). 
From a tax-break blog. Don't Ask- http://taxbreak.me/category/hong-kong/

5. Vietnam
I know it's not a city, but I want to explore the whole country- I've studied the Vietnam War a far bit as part of my degree and anyone who I have spoken to that has travelled there has loved it. I want to know what all the fuss is about. 
From BBC- http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-16567315

6. Barcelona
Whenever I have been in Spain, it's for beach holidays or big family trips to a villa in the countryside- amazing, but it doesn't give you any real idea of the culture. Barcelona just sounds so interesting, plus it's the ultimate tourist city- beach and culture all in one area. 
Las Ramblas- http://servicio-informatico-barcelona.com/barrio/las-ramblas/

7. Morocco
Again, a whole country but from what I've seen about travelling there, you want to explore everywhere, not just Marrakech, so why limit myself? I don't know why but I always think it's going to be like Istanbul, which has been one of my favourite cities to visit. I want to know if I'm completely off the mark. 
http://www.enjoyourholiday.com/2012/04/24/holiday-in-marrakech-morocco/

There are about a million other places that I want to go, but these are my top picks. Hopefully I'll make it happen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment