A third ‘world culture child’ with an ability to make anywhere her home. Even this little patch of the internet.

Friday 30 May 2014

I need to end my love affair with Floral

It's moving into summertime and as I come out of my revision stupor, it's time to stop wearing trackies and leggings and start getting into pretty summer things. 

Traditionally for me, this would mean floral tops, dresses, heck even trousers (not all worn together, don't worry). 


As the weather heats up (marginally, this is still England after all) my flatmates have started to notice how heavily Cath Kidson-esque prints feature in my life. They've expressed concern that I'm in a bit of a spring style rut. 


Determined to prove them wrong and to help out anyone else with a similar addiction- here are some great summer prints that save you from descending into the black hole of flower power. 


1. Breton Stripes: Hardly a revolutionary concept, but I love a breton stripe piece for spring/summer. Throw them on and they always look chic. These two long sleeved beauties from Zara and Camieau (I went over the boarder to Annecy to get this one) are great pieces. Especially if, like me, you're paler than pale, one of the these t-shirts are great to throw in a beach bag and stop burnt shoulders. Alternatively for an evening, this H&M dress is super flattering despite its fitted style. 





2. Polka Dots: They've featured quite heavily in the spring/summer trend reports in magazines and can be worn all year round, but my polka dot pieces are mainly summer clothes. You can have just a hint of them with these converse, or as an alternative to blue jeans with these Monsoon cropped ones. 





3. Aztec/Tribal Prints: I don't really own much of this style, I think it typically comes in colours that suits darker completions. However, if you're a budding festival lover, you'll know this is the style for you! Look at Cochella for inspiration. 


Of course, my floral stuff will be making an appearance this summer without fail, but hope this helps give you some inspiration for holiday outfits this summer. 



P.S. I am in no way shape or form an authority on fashion and style, just trying something new on the blog! 

No comments:

Post a Comment