A third ‘world culture child’ with an ability to make anywhere her home. Even this little patch of the internet.

Wednesday 7 May 2014

The Liebster Award





I've taken some time from horrific revision to tell you some exciting news! I've been nominated for the Liebster Award. First things first, thank you to Antonia of Style on Style for the nomination- I have serious wardrobe envy from all your posts. Go take a look for yourselves! 


The Liebster Award is for new little blogs like mine that have less than 200 followers. It's run by the blogging community in the sense that it's us nominating each other and sharing blogs that we just love and think you will too. When you receive the award, you must answer 11 questions asked by your nominee. Then, you nominate your own choice of blogs and ask them a further 11 questions as well as letting them know you're nominated. 

Here we go! 

1. Why did you start your blog?
I entered the blogging world as most do, as a reader- my sister introduced me to TheLondoner, and from then on I've been hooked! I then started watching video blogs on YouTube and was desperate to become a part of this community, so a couple of months ago I just started writing. I love sharing my experiences of travelling and living abroad and I'm so pleased I made myself go for it. 

2. What is your all time favourite song?
So hard to choose! I can only narrow it down to two choices, each one cheesier than the other- firstly 'Zero to Hero' from the Disney film Hercules and 'Man I feel Like a Woman' by Shania Twain. I clearly need to get out more, but they're such great feel-good songs. 

3. What has been your most expensive purchase?
I love me a bargain, but it would have to be my Liberty Print Barbour- from the outlet store in Newcastle, but it still set me back £100. 

4. Did you make any new years resolutions this year, and if you did, what were they?
To be healthier- I went to the gym today, so I guess it's a step in the right direction! 

5. What has been your favourite post so far? 
Of my own? Either of the Sunday Funday Posts- that Brunch in Exeter just brightened my flat from our coursework blues, and the weekend skiing with Merryn was great fun, plus I'm really pleased with the photos. 

6. What was the last film you saw and what did you think of it?
We watched at least six DVDs when I was on holiday in Italy, but the last one was Saving Mr Banks- it was amazing! Based around the creation of Mary Poppins it follows Walt Disney and P.L. Travers and all their arguments etc. I love Emma Thompson and Mary Poppins has some great music. 

7. Describe your perfect weekend
It's pretty simple: staying at home with my dogs, going for a long walk followed by a pretty huge lunch and then reading a book or watching a film. I'm a bit of a granny at heart. Possibly add friends into the mix for lunch and it's pretty perfect. 

8. What is your favourite brand or high street shop?
I have recently fallen in love with Gap, simply because of their jeans- perfect length for 5'11 me. 

9. What blogs do you follow and why? 
Too many to keep track! I follow back people who follow me, because I think it's right that bloggers support each other- plus I've found some great blogs along the way! For any beauty related things, I look to EssieButton or FleurDeForce- their YouTube channels are great fun. Also, although it's now an online magazine, it started life as a blog, so I'd say that Rookie Magazine counts as well- finally a Young Adult magazine that engages with its readers and realises they have brains! 

10. Where is your favourite city? 
This is an impossible question! I would have to say Dubai, simply because it's the last place that I have considered my home. It's such a crazy place and the people I befriended there were just bonkers, but brilliant at the same time. 

11. Where do you see your blog taking you in the next year? 
Who really knows? It's possibly the best hobby I've tried thus far, and I don't really want to think of it as a vehicle for anything either than documenting stories from my life. In practical terms, I want to improve the aesthetic of the blog, develop my writing style and improve my photography skills, starting with investing in a decent camera. I just want to keep developing it into something that  I'm proud to have my name attached to- maybe it will lead me to a new city to live in? 

Ok, enough about me, time to pass on the nominations- thanks once more to Style on Style for the nomination! 

My Nominations: 
My Questions: 

1. What advice can you give new bloggers? 
2. What do you like most about your blog? 
3. What are your travel essentials? 
4. Where would your dream holiday be? 
5. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go? 
6. Name one person that inspires/influences you. 
7. What was the last book you read? 
8. Describe your blog in 3 words. 
9. What is the most played song on your iTunes/Spotify etc.? 
10. What are the future plans for your blog? 
11. If you could be a character in any story, who would you be? 

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooops, I've just nominated you again (didn't see this post, I'm really sorry!). If you felt like answering even more questions, they're all at http://everywhereplease.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/the-liebster-award.html... but no pressure, aha. Really enjoying reading your blog - I love that you love books and travel, too! x

    ReplyDelete