A third ‘world culture child’ with an ability to make anywhere her home. Even this little patch of the internet.

Wednesday 14 May 2014

Why you should watch 'The Autobiography of Jane Eyre'

http://eyrequotes.tumblr.com
I am a lover of period drama. It's a fact. 

A fail-safe gift for me is any of the Austen BBC adaptations- once my flatmate and I spent an entire day watching Austen because we had nothing better to do (total lie. I had loads of work). 

YouTube captured that love in the form of The Lizzie Bennet Diaries and I was hooked- they managed to put an amazing storyline in the context of a video blogger- it was so good it won an Emmy. YouTube having an Emmy winning show! 


I have never really enjoyed the Jane Eyre storyline, but Lizzie Bennet's little sister is on the internet at the moment in the form of The Autobiography of Jane Eyre- it's been around for a while now, but it's still going and I am in love with it! 


It follows the same story as the original Bronte, but is set in contemporary Canada. It's far less glossy than the Pemberly Digital productions (the creators of Lizzie Bennet, Welcome to Sanditon and Emma Approved) and it's kind of why I love it so much. It's obviously on a tight budget, but I enjoy it more than Emma Approved because it actually looks like someone's video blogs- at the beginning, they even have Jane with a crappy camera to highlight how limited her funds are. 


Anyway, during revision season, if you're looking for a bit of procrastination that won't cost you an hour's worth of work time (unless you play catch up on the whole series in one go) check it out. I think it should have a bigger audience then it does- it's even converted me to enjoying the original storyline of Jane Eyre




No comments:

Post a Comment